Enrollment is open to all children living in McKinney and the surrounding area. Enrollment is limited to space available and is on a first come-first serve basis. Priority is given to members of First Christian Church and families already enrolled in the program. CPCS accepts all children without regard to race, religion, or gender.
Children will be placed in classes based on their age on September 1 of the current school year. This is consistent with the public school placement guidelines. However, if staff members feel that a child should be moved to another class for the benefit of the child, a meeting will be set up with the child’s parents and the best placement for the child will be determined.
Registration and Payment Policies
- An annual registration fee must be received to hold a child’s place at CPCS. Registration fees are nonrefundable.
- Tuition is divided into nine payments. The first payment is due by the first day of school and the final payment is due on May 1. There is also a supply fee.
- Tuition is due the first day of each month and will not be prorated for holidays or sickness. If payment has not been received by the 10th of the month, a reminder notice will be sent home. A late charge of $10.00 will be added to payments received after the 10th of each month, unless special arrangements are made.
- There will be a $20.00 charge on all returned checks.
- Please send tuition payments via the mail or drop off in the school office. There is a tuition mailbox in the school office for your convenience.
- Parents may also use Tuition Express to have their tuition automatically withdrawn from a bank account. Forms are available in the school office. (Credit cards are not accepted)
- No refund will be given for days missed due to weather related closures.
- If a child is withdrawn from the program during a month, the tuition for that month is non-refundable. A two-week notice must be given for withdrawal from the program.
- Occasionally, parents will be asked to pay for special activities to help defray the cost.